Imagine a paradise and what do you see? Maybe you see a pristine beach, untouched by human development and complete with perfect sunsets every evening. Maybe you see lots of green – a rainforest, to be exact – with a wide variety of thriving species, all living in harmony with one another. Maybe your idea of paradise is simply living day to day with a carefree style of life, where everyone is friendly to each other and without worry.
If you have imagined any of the above scenarios, and you want to learn Spanish, you should come to Costa Rica!
A major tourist destination for years, Costa Rica has been a place to truly get away to experience the pura vida lifestyle. But what exactly does pura vida mean? In English, the literal translation is pure life. In Costa Rica however, it goes far beyond that. Relax, take your time, go slow, take it easy, be nice, respect others, be healthy, take in the moment, and live happy. In Costa Rica, pura vida means all of this! When you arrive, it might be the first thing you hear! “Pura vida!” or “Hello and welcome to paradise!”
It’s true that the locals take the pura vida lifestyle to heart here, and one can see why with the many different activities this country offers:
- Thinking of learning Spanish? Come to the Costa Rican Language Academy! Here at CRLA Spanish school, we offer dance classes, cooking classes, and yoga! It’s the perfect place to relax, study Spanish, and truly immerse yourself in the pura vida lifestyle.
- Beaches here are among the best in the world! The popular beach town of Tamarindo offers a surfer’s paradise with some of the best nightlife in the country. The surrounding beaches of Flamingo, Brasilito, and others on the Pacific Coast are pristine and untouched. Best of all, they’re usually empty, too!
- Cloud Forests are some of the most amazing ecosystems in the world. They’re just as the name describes, literally a forest in the clouds! The most popular is Monteverde where wildlife is common including sloths, monkeys, hummingbirds, and the mystical quetzal!
- Volcanoes are abundant here, with the most popular being the active Arenal Volcano. Other popular ones are Poas, Miravalles, and the underrated Rincon de la Vieja.
- The Caribbean Coast offers a distinct Caribbean vibe, different than the rest of the country. Come here to experience rich Caribbean food, the beautiful blue Caribbean waters, and of course, nightly reggae music! Check out Puerto Viejo and Tortuguero National Park.
Costa Rican Language Academy (CRLA), located in the capital of San Jose, is ready to show you how to experience the pura vida lifestyle! If you’re ready to take it easy, join a Spanish immersion program, and have the vacation of a lifetime, please contact us for accommodation options, including a homestay with an authentic Costa Rican family! Pura vida!